You might not always think it if you’re living in Ireland but the Summer is here and one Summer trend that I absolutely love is the Nautical trend. It is always on trend for this time of year and even if you don’t have a home overlooking the sea, you can still introduce elements of this Summer look to your home.
The Nautical Theme
Boats, fish and shells all spell Nautical. Anything that you would expect to find near to the sea really. The 2 images below show lovely ways to introduce these elements into your home.
Shells can be used very successfully to make a lovely table centrepiece or mantle piece decoration also.
The light fittings, signs and lovely pastel colours work very well at achieving the coastal mood in the below kitchen images.
Red, Blue and White really spell Nautical. Stars and Stripes really lend themselves to this trend also.
The 2 images from Lexington below show these colours in use very well. Lexington does this trend very well and I think the patio image below is just beautiful. The tablecloth and distressed cladding on the house are both great examples of how to achieve this look.
A nautical map is a great way of introducing this trend into your home. You can do this through nautical prints or wallpaper.
Distressed wood especially in the outdoor space is a great way of achieving the Nautical Trend. It is very New England and gives the impression of wave and weather beaten materials. The gorgeous kitchen below shows how the distressed wood look can also be brought indoors and the hammock below is another lovely nautical feature.
Is any nautical theme complete without some homemade lemonade. Here is a very simple recipe to try:
- 1 cup of sugar (can reduce if you feel it is too sweet)
- 1 cup of lemon juice
- 1 cup of water
- 2 to 3 cups of water to dilute
- Heat the sugar and one cup of water in a saucepan until the sugar is dissolved
- Squeeze 4 to 6 lemons until you have enough juice to fill one cup
- Place the sugared water and lemon juice in to a jug and add the additional water to dilute (dilute to taste)
- If you still feel it is too sweet add some more lemon juice
- Place in the fridge for 30 to 40 mins
- Serve with slices of lemon and ice
NAUTICAL AT THE HOME BARN
Happy Coastal Living!!
Until next time